Pages

Saturday, June 08, 2013

Post Rehab

After 1 month I was discharged from GF Strong. That's 2 weeks earlier than the original discharge date and 2 months earlier than my last surgery. My experience at GF was much different than at UBC. It was challenging and a lot of work but there was always something to do or someone to talk with. There therapists are top notch and really know what they're doing. My favorite therapy is recreation. Whether its participating in outings or sports its so much fun! This time I participated in a lot of outings. We went to The Vancouver Museum, Centennial Beach in Tsawwassen, Granville Island, a walk along the Seawall at Stanly Park and bowling at The Zone in Richmond.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Another favorite therapy was art therapy where I finished my sock monkey that I never finished the last time I was there, melted crayon art, a sock monkey self portrait, a tye dyed t-shirt and a mini chalk board. On my own time I continued to work on some hats with my loom knitting.



 
 
I've been able to strengthen my shoulders enough to make it home but my strengthening program doesn't end yet. I was given exercises to do and I'm going to exploring rowing, horseback riding and I'm going to kayak camp. In the fall I'll continue with sledge hockey and once my shoulder is more stable and stronger I may give tennis a try.




No comments:

Post a Comment