Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Is it Friday yet?

I love my job.. really I do.. but some days I would just love to take a hiatus and hide for about a month.. not have to listen to anyone's problems, not have to do any paper work, answer the phones, use a computer.. I'm so tired! Perhaps that is generally called burnout.. all I know is tomorrow is another day and I will be there to face it.. no matter how much I want to stay in bed.

Have you ever wondered what it would take for there to be peace in the world? I think about it from time to time... and I think I have come to a conclusion.. every day, every person should give a flower to a stranger. Don't say anything.. just get a flower, hand it to a stranger, smile and walk away. It isn't hard to do.. doesn't even have to cost anything.. it's just a simple gesture that will make someone else feel good.. maybe it won't end the wars of the world but it could prevent a war from happening in your neighborhood.. hmmm.. just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment