Pages

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Christmas Time

Christmas is fast approaching and I can't believe it!! This time a year ago I was in rehab for rotator cuff surgeru and just two weeks ago I had carpal tunnel surgery.. luckily it was only day surgery and I'm at home.. I wonder when a time will come when I won't have any more medical stuff to deal with.. well.. out of the ordinary anyway.

I'm use to have my Christmas shopping done by this time of year.. actually, I was usually done by the middle of November but alas, I am dragging my heals this year. Thank goodness for online shopping! I hate having to battle the parking lots at the mall.. I swear, those are worse than actually going into the mall.. but.. online shopping.. no parking lots, no line-ups, no crowds, no screaming children... and some of the sites even have gift wrapping!

However.. the downside to online shopping is its hard to get into the season.. in a way I am missing the Christmas music in the stores and people in good cheer and Christmas decorations. I've downloaded some Christmas songs and will watch, It's a Wonderful Life with James Stewart.. that's sure to put me in the Christmas spirit!

The thing is, Christmas isn't about the shopping or the presents or the music or the television programs.. for me, it's about the birth of Christ and all that He has done in my life that I have to be thankful for. I forget sometimes to stop and be thankful.. not just for all the good in my life but also for the pain and life lessons I've had to endure.. oh sure I wish I could just wake up one day and have my life be perfect.. but how would I know what that is without living thru the imperfect life I have?

Thank you Lord for giving me the life you have. For teaching me the lessons I need to learn and placing challenges in my path so I can learn those lessons. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Good blog Tara...I sometimes have to stop and remember that the bad times had a purpose too, and if everything was always perfect, I wouldn't know what to be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder:)

    ReplyDelete